Terkel Sorensen has definitely hit this one out of the park. Video Blogging candefinitely enhance and magnify your blogging and business. Checkout Terkel's Blog and leave him a message.
Got a video camera? Ready to be on Air Talent? Got a PLAN???
Let's get the plan part figured out.
Planning is great, you should have a plan for what is in the video, and what you are doing with the video - that said: Don't go overboard with the planning, sometimes execution is the key to getting things out the door - in my experience a few videos done, is far better than a few plans on paper.
Two kinds of plans here:
- Video CONTENT plan (think a story board with maybe a shot list to make sure you get it all - OR - just a rough outline of what is going in the video).
- Video STRATEGY plan (Why this video, how does it tie in with the rest?).
Today, let's work on the strategy:
If one vblog post can get you good position on google - how about 10?
Here is how I go about it - figure out the neighborhoods you want to dominate online, lets say it's Harveston. Make the plan for he 10 videos:
- 3-4 videos are home tours - easy in and out, if you already have one, make it shorter - 90 secs.
- 3-4 videos are neighborhood features, think the park, playground, community center, etc - again 90 secs.
- The remaining videos are local business and profiles - NEW CONSTRUCTION is worth gold on this (they advertise, you piggy back).
You don't have to make all these in the next 20 miniutes, but make a list and check them off as you go, when you have them all, clear out your browser and check your position - Chances are very good that you have several spots on the front page, and since 47% of all clicks happens in the top 5 organic results - that's just where you want to be.
here are my golden rules for video:
90 secs max (yes, I blow into 1:48 a lot, but try to not get to 2 minutes) 90 secs is the fall asleep threshold for your audience.
Steady camera - I had clienrs early complaining about seasickness... Head over here to see how to use your tripod for video
Strategize the posts - you want to own xyz neighborhood? Then do 5 houses and 5 local things.
One more thing, attack new construction, Bob is right, I have looked at old posts with new construction and have over 1000 clicks on some of them...
Areas Served: Albuquerque Metro/ Algodones/ Bernalillo/ Cedar Crest/ Corrales/ Edgewood/ Los Lunas/ Los Ranchos de Albuquerque/ Placitas/ Rio Rancho/ Sandia Park/ Tijeras