After attending WordCamp Albuquerque last weekend, I have acquired some new phrases into my vocabulary...one such phrase, INDEXABLE IDX. It's worth further investigation, so besides Diverse Solution, there is also Dynmic Page Solution. The research continues...I am doing my homework on these companies hope I can get some feedback on this. This blog is loaded with good infomation, and worthy of a reblog
There has been much buzz about Indexable IDX plug-ins for real estate blogsites…
First things first…Why is this a big deal to begin with? IDX solutions are typically framed in to web/blogsites and offer little to no SEO value. An indexable IDX effectively creates separate posts for every listing, thus creating GOBS of real estate and general property related content that the Search Engines can’t help but crawl all over and index.
In theory, indexable IDX’s should subsequently send copious relevant organic traffic to a site that has implemented such a plug-in.
As far as I can tell Jason Benesch from The Real Estate Tomato pioneered an open source WordPress plug-in (ListingPress) that spurred further development by a handful of other tech vendors that I also highly respect, like Diverse SolutionsdsIDXpress (Press Release).
The idea seems great in theory…as said, plug it in and instantly create a ton of crawlable property data for your real estate web/blogsite. If you are first in your market with one of these churning inside your site, there would appear to be a distinct SEM advantage.
So, I was having a conversation with some Housechick and this subject of Indexable IDX’s came up. Being she knows a thing or three about IDX’s and SEM, the obvious question was thrown out:
‘What happens when multiple people/sites in the same market implement such a tool?’
- Does the SEO value evaporate, since everyone will effectively have the same content?
- Do the mysterious Duplicate Content theories come into play, and as a result does Google and the other Search portals penalize sites for such?
- Which site running the same Indexable IDX ranks better? Is this where a higher PageRank becomes more than a bragging right and effectuates results for higher ranking on SERP’s?
- Is there a way to differentiate the content via novel implementation methods, result formats, or other such tweakery?
- Is one Indexable IDX different from another (not from a functionality standpoint, rather strictly from an SEO perspective)?
Kelley and I speculated for a bit with no real conclusions, just educated guesses…so I called Google and am still on hold.
While I’m waiting, I ask the rest of the community: As adoption of indexable IDX’s reaches a certain saturation point by market, does the current innate SEO value diminish, evaporate, or worse? Thoughts?
Areas Served: Albuquerque Metro/ Algodones/ Bernalillo/ Cedar Crest/ Corrales/ Edgewood/ Los Lunas/ Los Ranchos de Albuquerque/ Placitas/ Rio Rancho/ Sandia Park/ Tijeras