Dan Edward Phllips, Broker/Owner Eureka, CA has done it again. Have you ever thought about the fact that these foul smelling critters may be looking for a place to stay at your residence? Pay close attention to the tips provided by Dan. and drop by his post and leave him a comment
This is the time of the year that Skunks will be looking for a new home here in Northern California. Don't let make their new home under your house.
1. Make sure the cover to your crawl space access is secure.
2. Make sure that all vent openings in your foundation are secure. If necessary replace any covers that are defective. Don't just try to block them with wood or bricks, skunks are smart and will move the blockage.
3. Take a walk around your home and make sure there are no low spots that a Skunk could take advantage of to get under your foundation and footings.
4. If a Skunk does find it's way under your home, there are several methods to evict them that professionals use. Get professional help.
5. Most important! Do not leave doors open this time of year here, a wondering Skunk will walk into your home. Then you have a major problem.
C. Lloyd McKenzie, MBA
Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices
New Mexico Properties/Allstar, REALTORS
6739 Academy Rd. NE SU 200
Albuquerque, New Mexico 87109
Areas Served: Albuquerque Metro/ Algodones/ Bernalillo/ Cedar Crest/ Corrales/ Edgewood/ Los Lunas/ Los Ranchos de Albuquerque/ Placitas/ Rio Rancho/ Sandia Park/ Tijeras